Re: Applying unidirectional pressure on a membrane protein system

From: Geist, Norman (norman.geist_at_uni-greifswald.de)
Date: Sat May 28 2022 - 02:19:50 CDT

I have answered this before. In a periodic cell there is no such
direction. Have you considered flipping the sign of
langevinpistontarget?

Bests
Norman Geist

Am Samstag, den 28-05-2022 um 08:38 schrieb Sruthi Sundaresan:

Dear Users,

I would like to know how to apply pressure on a membrane protein in
one direction. I am running the simulations on NAMD3.0 and used the
following lines in the input files to apply pressure:

useConstantArea         yes;

useflexiblecell         yes;
SurfaceTensionTarget    0.0;

langevinPiston          on;

langevinPistonTarget    4000.00;

langevinPistonPeriod    100.0;

langevinPistonDecay     50.0;

The above lines help to apply pressure on the z-axis alone while
keeping the area of the x-y plane constant.
My system seems to get compressed along the z-axis, however, I'd like
to know how to apply pressure selectively in one direction alone
(either +z or -z).

Thanks and regards,

 [1]

Sruthi Sundaresan

Ph.D. Research Scholar

C/o Dr. Thenmalarchelvi Rathinavelan

Molecular Biophysics Lab, Department of Biotechnology

 [2]    [3]    [4]

Disclaimer:- This footer text is to convey that this email is sent by
one of the users of IITH. So, do not mark it as SPAM.

Links:
------
[1]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iith.ac.in/__;!!DZ3fjg!8Yq32Y9tumEvFF5hsp1Ux2ge91-dRl8CGnvJ4_K0R35Skzcfmye1M6Q5o1zdnKWsPHnD2V3J95oifkOolanli7QuQG6Bqw$