Re: cubic periodic boundary box: what happen if I use a rectangular box?

From: Margaret S. Cheung (mscheung_at_UH.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2007 - 15:22:25 CDT

Hello,
Thank you for the prompt reply. As I am looking up Allen and
Tildesley's book (computer simulation of liquids), I tried to figure out
how to handle periodic boundaries and minimum image convention if Lx:
Ly:Lz is not 1:1:1 (Lx Ly Lz are the lengths of the rectangle periodic
box). I presume under this case, deviations at each dimension will be
independently dealt with before any distance is calculated.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Margaret