From: Jennifer Lardge (j.lardge_at_ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 07:21:42 CDT

Hi,

I am using vmd-1.8.4 and am trying to add the vasp plugins.

I have downloaded the plugins following the instructions on the website.
However, when I try and load a new molecule the 'Determine file type' list does
not show any vasp file types (eg. XDATCAR).

Do I need to do anything else with vmd before I can load vasp files?

Also, when I initially downloaded vmd I did not have the 'periodic_table.h'
header file. I have since created and added a copy of this file myself in the
same places as the two other header files. Does this have any significance?

Thanks for your help!
Jennifer