From: Robert Milius (milius_at_bscl.msi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:51:29 CST

I just downloaded MSMS 2.5 and thought I would try it out with VMD 1.4.

I read in 1crn.pdb and then select MSMS from the Graphics form.
I get the following error message in the vmd console window:

  Info) Starting MSMS with: 'msms -no_area -socketPort 1401 > /dev/tty &'
  ERROR) Unknown MSMS message: Too many or Too few points : 0
  Info) Done with MSMS surface.
  MSMS END

msms works fine from the command line (outside of vmd).
I couldn't find any documentation about doing anything special about
installing MSMS for use with VMD. Did I miss something?

thanks,
bob

Robert P. Milius, Ph.D. 612-626-2771 (office)
Basic Sciences Computing Laboratory 612-625-2990 (fax)
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute milius_at_msi.umn.edu
for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation