From: Justin Gullingsrud (justin_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 17:05:51 CDT

Hi,

Your error message seems to suggest that VMD is trying to connect to
a NAMD process running on a machine named 'origin'; is the the name of one
of the Linux cluster machines?

Connecting to a cluster can be tricky because you don't always know
which machine is the 'master node'. In NAMD's output file, you should
see a line which reads 'Pe 0 starting out on host xxxx'; xxxx is the host
you need to connect to to make the IMD connection.

Hope this helps,

Justin

--
Justin Gullingsrud         3111 Beckman Institute
H: (217) 384-4220