From: Tyler Heibeck (heibeck_at_chem.bu.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 15:17:57 CDT

I've tried some basic functionality and most things seem to work. I
did get an error message that the vmdinit.tcl script could not be
found because the TMPDIR environment variable had not been set in the
vmd start-up script. Once I defined this in the start-up script all
was well. The other problem is that vmd can not call STRIDE. I
checked the start-up script and the STRIDE_BIN variable seems to be
defined properly. Any other external binaries (surf and tachyon)
work fine. Anybody have any ideas?

In case it will help here is some of my system information:
IMac SE 400 MHz. OS 10.0.4 (latest version). I'm using that latest
stable build of FreeX86 and XDarwin.

Thanks,

Tyler Heibeck

--