From: Sanjeev B.S. (sanjeev_at_mbu.iisc.ernet.in)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 10:55:12 CST

Hello,
        I use VMD most of the time so much that I am not acquanited with
anything like Molscript and its family of programs. Now I need to make
some pictures for publication and I find it very difficult to make them
VMD. Sometimes the 'Render' doesnot give satisfactory images and when I
try to grab the images (typically using 'xv' on linux) I run into lots of
problems. The 'lights' causes problems in printing by making some regions
almost invisble, and the o/p will not exactly what is wanted by the best
of standards. Moreover it becomes very difficult if we change the image
size later as it introduces some/lot distortions.

        I might have missed some developements in VMD and I would
greateful to anyone who suggests me a remedy. Or at least, can VMD
generate a molscript file?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Sincerely,
-Sanjeev