From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 11:03:39 CST

Dear Esther,
  I've copied your email to the VMD-L list, as your original
email bounced since you are not currently a member of the mailing
list. We disallow non-members from posting in order to prevent
the spammers from flooding the mailing list. Now on to your question:

  At present,there's no way to utilize the up arrow for previous
commands in VMD. On the Windows platform, VMD has this ability
by coincidence, as it is provided by the terminal window we are
using to process the VMD commands. On other platforms however,
we use 'xterm' which does not provide this feature. We have been
discussing rewriting the way VMD uses its command console, and if
when we do this, you can be assured that having the arrows recall
previous commands will be one of the things we'd like to support.
(We want it too!!)

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,