From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 07 2002 - 14:27:39 CDT

Hi,
  By default VMD can only animate structures that have multiple coordinate
frames. If you want to use the frequencies to color the structure, you
should be able to color the structure by these frequencies using some
Tcl script that you can write. If you want to draw additional geometry,
or show multiple instances of the atoms or something like that you could
use the "draw" commands. Coloring could be accomplished by writing a Tcl
script that saves your frequency info into the "beta" field of each atom,
similar to the "betacolor_distance" example script in the VMD user's guide:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node182.html