From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 18:08:10 CDT

Dear Chris,
  Yes, you are correct. The current alpha versions of VMD for
MacOS X do not have the Tk components and support compiled in.
We hope to get Tk working with the native MacOS X versions of
VMD soon, but none of the released versions of Tk work with the
native GUI yet, only a development branch of the Tk CVS tree
that some Apple people have been working on, as far as I know.
We'll try to build a version that includes Tk (and thus the sequence
viewer and other Tk-based features) in the next month or so.
I'm not sure which part of the software you are referring to when
you asked about the "rendering components" since there are many
components that could be termed rendering components, but if you're
asking about the "Render" form, you'll find it in the "File" menu
in this test version of VMD.

Thanks for the feedback,