From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 13:44:32 CDT

Dear Reinhard,
  Depending on how you aligned/docked these two separate structures
within VMD (i.e. using the "mouse move" feature, or via the atom
selection "move" and "moveby" commands..) you should be able to write
out the modified coordinates as two separate PDB files, then concatenate
them with a text editor or pdbcat, and then load that file and resave it
with VMD to fix up the atom index numbers etc. I just did this a minute
ago using the "mouse move" method to verify that having VMD perform all
of these steps and re-save the concatenated file does indeed recalcualte
the atom indices so you don't end up with multiple atoms with the
same index. :)

Thanks,