From: kinshuk_at_chem.iitb.ac.in
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 23:54:21 CDT

A lot of thanks for u's consitant help.
I have been simulating small polyalanine i.e. octaalanine peptide.I tried
many option but i was unable to achieve it.The problem is coming in
starting point i.e. while writing a command on vmd console, it is
displaying the message that invalid command line (within). i also tried
other commands like "all within 5 of residue 8". i don't know what is
problem.Since i have been using VMD-1.8.2.Is it a installation problem or
other like version problem.If i am trying other VMD command it is not
accepting.I am a new VMD user plz don't mine if i am asking foolishly.