From: Neelanjana Sengupta (senguptan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 08:25:54 CDT

Dear VMD experts,

I am attempting to install VMD on my Linux machine (Fedora v8, installed on
Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo). I downloaded the LINUX IA64
OpenGL<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?UserID=&AccessCode=&ArchiveID=921>version
from the VMD website. I followed the instructions in the README file
(./configure, then 'make install' in the /src directory). The directory vmd/
was succesfully created. However, when I type 'vmd' (I go into the vmd/
directory), the program does not run.

Interestingly, the vmd/ directory DOES NOT have any executable called
'vmd'!! This is the list of things created in the vmd/ directory:
{Announcement plugins scripts surf_LINUXIA64
doc README shaders tachyon_LINUXIA64
LICENSE run_vmd_tmp stride_LINUXIA64 vmd_LINUXIA64}

I even tried ./run_vmd_tmp, which does not work..
Does vmd run on the bash shell (which I am using)? Your suggestions are
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Neelanjana