From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 14:03:58 CST

I don't know if anyone answered you or not already, but the answer is
that the VMD pdb plugin currently returns the first structure only if they
have differing atom counts. If they have identical atom counts, then VMD
returns all of the structures as a 'trajectory' treating the other models
as "timesteps", if you will. You could modify the behavior the VMD pdb plugin
to do something different, but that's how it works presently.

Cheers,