From: Rich Cook (rcook_at_llnl.gov)
Date: Thu Jan 14 2010 - 19:03:21 CST

Well, that's interesting. Your flags do not help, but I looked at
that thread and the original poster mentioned that make test failed.
I tried to do a make test in the Tcl source directory and it fails
exactly as VMD does. The problem is with Tcl therefore. Sigh.
I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to make Tcl work on AIX
here. This is the joy of my job! :-)