From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 10:39:53 CDT

Hi,
  I've implemented new code that will entirely prevent VMD from touching the
GPUS when the VMDNOCUDA environment variable is set. To give more detailed
control, I've also added a new VMDCUDADEVICEMASK environment variable that
can be set with a hexadecimal number indicating which GPUs are allowed to
be used and which ones are not (similar to CPU thread affinity masks).
The new version is posted in the alpha test area on BioCoRE if you'd like
to try it out.

Cheers,