From: Sanjeev B.S. (sanjeev_at_mbu.iisc.ernet.in)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 12:24:00 CDT

> Assuming you're using one of the versions of VMD that has ACTC
built-in, then yes, VMD does post-processing of the triangulated geometry
returned by MSMS so that instead of a random list of triangles, we get
what is called a "triangle strip".

+++ Hi! Thanks for the response. Yes, I am indeed using VMD 1.8b6. But
what I saw was that the points that MSMS generated were not the points on
the surface. From what I understood of ACTC, it facilitates with
triangulating for a given set of points. But my problem is that I see the
points themselves being shifted, and MSMS(VMD) points seem to be of lower
probe radius! Does this happen or something went wrong this end?

With good day wishes,
-Sanjeev