From: Parisa Akhski (Parisa.Akhshi_at_chem.queensu.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2010 - 10:35:35 CDT

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, when I load both psf and original pdb files along with .coor and save .coor as pdb file, the occupancy in the generated pdb file is 1.00 for all atoms which is good. But, if I just use psf and .coor files to load and save as pdb, it's kind of random. Sometimes (for some DNA sequences and for some MS simulation steps) it produces 1.00 as occupancy and sometimes 0.00 for all atoms. I don't understand this. To the best of my knowledge, occupancy estimates the amount of each conformation that is observed in the structure and my original structure has just one conformation so I expect my pdb file to show this number always 1.00 for all atoms.
BTW, I finished the simulation which has several steps. In some steps I constrained part of the structure and ran the simulation and then I used the generated .coor file at each step to move on the next one (restart job). Since some of the .coor files in these series of simulations included 0.00 for occupancy, is the final result reliable?
Obviously, to restart each job (moving to the next step) I am using a pdb file (which has occupancy 1.00) in addition to the psf and .coor (from the previous step). So, I assume the final results shouldn't be affected too much or even at all.
Please reply me if you have any idea in this case since it took me almost 1 month to finish this job and I want to know whether I can use the results.

Thanks,
Parisa