From: Cojocaru, Vlad (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2011 - 14:46:45 CDT

You can write connect records to the pdb file to indicate which residue is
connected with which.
Then you can use bonds or dynamic bonds to visualize.
You can color the residues by secondary structure.

It's not exact cartoon or ribbons but it's good to see secondary structures.

A script to add connect records to coarse grained pubs can be found in the
manuscript "Structure and dynamics of cytochrome p450 2c9" just published
last week in plos computational biology (see protocol S2 in supporting
information)

Greetings
Vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Roentgenstrasse 20
48149 Muenster, Germany
tel: +49-251-70365-324
fax: +49-251-70365-399