From: Roger Nadler (rnadler_at_us.es)
Date: Wed Mar 21 2012 - 12:20:50 CDT

Hi Axel, hi John,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Now, this is what I am doing
and it works perfectly for me at the moment:

I change the RGB values in the color control window until I have what I
like and add the final values in the vmdrc for a random colorid which is
not in the list and give this newly defined colorid to the atom for
which I want that color:

color change rgb 540 0.09 0.70 0.07
color Element Ti 540

(As it is also described in Axel's tutorial).

Cheers,
Roger