From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 23:07:43 CST

Dear Luis,
  This is a familiar problem caused by the NVidia drivers you're
using on Linux. If you upgrade to more recent drivers, the problem
should go away. I've seen this crop up with older revs of the NVidia
drivers about a year and a half ago. If your drivers are the most recent
version already, you might try a different version. Also, I'd recommend
that if this occured with the latest NVidia drivers that you report the
problem to th4eir linux-bugs_at_nvidia.com. When I encountered this problem
in the past, the only way to get OpenGL windows back was to logout and
restart the X server (logout/login normally restarts X automatically).
Anyway, check your NVidia driver version and install a newer driver if
possible, let us know if this does not solve your problem.

Thanks,