From: Jérôme Hénin (jerome.henin_at_ibpc.fr)
Date: Mon Nov 23 2015 - 11:52:04 CST

You can load a system of yours (without bonds) into VMD and write out a PSF
file for it from VMD to get a template:
[atomselect top all] writepsf template.psf

>From there it's only a matter of adding the number of bonds instead of 0 in
the "NBOND" header, and in the following lines, pairs of space-separated
atom numbers (1-based) indicating bonded atoms in fields of width 8,
wrapped every 4 pairs. Here is an example for 8 bonds:

       8 !NBOND: bonds
       1 4 2 1 3 1 4 5
       6 4 6 7 6 8 6 9

Best,