From: Vermaas, Joshua (Joshua.Vermaas_at_nrel.gov)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2017 - 14:28:31 CST

Hi Olga,

If I understand you correctly, you want to do something similar to the abstract image for 10.1021/jp4089113, with a PMF put on top of a molecular image? Vector graphics editors inkscape (free) or Illustrator (definitely not free) combined with gimp/photoshop are the two programs that come to mind for me, since they both can import the vector postscript files that xmgrace exports natively, as well as deal with placing molecular images saved in a variety of formats. You could also use a variety of python libraries (pillow or numpy+matplotlib) to do the image manipulation programmatically.

-Josh