From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2017 - 15:38:08 CDT

Hi Hamid,
  The particular problem you're having is specific to the OpenGL
software on your machine. This error specifically is the root of
your problem:
   "Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".

Most likely, if you run 'glxinfo' or 'glxgears' (both of which should
be installed as part of your Linux) you will get the same or a similar
error, and this indicates that you need to reinstall or otherwise correct
the OpenGL drivers on your system so that they work correctly.

By the way, the final release of VMD 1.9.3 is available on our web site,
and it uses CUDA 8.0, so you'll want to use more up-to-date NVIDIA drivers.

Cheers,