From: Bart Bruininks (b.m.h.bruininks_at_rug.nl)
Date: Tue Jun 16 2020 - 07:29:14 CDT

After some more testing I found a bug which is very likely a result of the
forced dump. Using trajectory smoothing with the dump causes a hard
rendering crash. I guess this is caused by the CPU only sending each frame
once and storing the ones needed for later averaging is not possible in the
GPU due to the forced dump. So although this solves some issues, it
probably creates new ones. For now I can get what I need, but frame
averaging is something we often use in MD simulations and would be a loss
as a feature.

Workaround for OPTIX memory piling
bash:
export VMDOPTIXDESTROYCONTEXT=1

New issue:
Trajectory averaging causes a hard rendering crash