From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 18 2021 - 14:21:55 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  Many of you that have registered and downloaded VMD and NAMD,
or that are members of their respective mailing lists, should
expect to receive an invitation for a survey for one or
both of VMD and NAMD.

The current funding for NAMD and VMD development ends in
the next year, and the funding mechanism that has historically
supported NAMD and VMD development is no longer available.
We're applying to a new NIH funding mechanism, and we need
input from our user community to demonstrate the number and
diversity of our users, the types of research being served
by the software programs we develop, and the development areas
that are most responsive to users' needs.

Due to limits on the total number of survey responses that we're
allowed to collect per month using commercial survey tools,
not every VMD or NAMD user will receive a survey invitation
(more than 75,000 unique users have downloaded VMD in the past year,
 but we're only permitted to collect 5,000 survery responses per month).

If you receive a survey invitation, we ask that you take the
time to fill it out as completely as possible and submit it
(be sure to press the "Done" button at the bottom). We expect
that most users should be able to complete the survey in less
than 5 minutes. All of the survey questions are visible on a
single page, so it should be easy to use.

The surveys for VMD and NAMD are distinct, so if you happen to
receive an invitation for both programs, we do ask that you
fill both of them out.

If by chance you receive more than one survey invitation for the
same software -- as a result of using multiple email addresses in
recent years, or through some mistake on our side -- please feel
free to disregard any duplicative invitations once you've submitted
your survey.

Best regards,

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/