From: Dr. David Gregory (davidg_at_mill.co.uk)
Date: Thu May 27 1999 - 14:53:51 CDT

Hello,

Having just completed the installation of VMD on my machine (an O2
running 6.5.3), I find that when I type 'vmd' the winterm and menus
appear, but no display window. I can load a molecule and the terminal
acknowledges that it been loaded and I can modify the display by typing
commands in the terminal, but no display of any kind, not even an empty
display window; no display window at all!

Also, how do I get VMD to use the local copy of the vmd_help.html file
instead of the one at
www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/. Using the internet version when I have a
local copy seems unnecessary.

I probably just missed something during the installation (using the
configure script and 'make install') . Otherwise, brilliant program!

Thank you and regards,

David Gregory

--
Dr. David Gregory