From: Deepak Singh (desingh_at_syr.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 22 1999 - 09:30:09 CDT

This method does work. I would also like to thank Dorina Kosztin for
pointing this out.

Deepak.

John Stone wrote:

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > This is my first post to this list. I have been meandering my way
> > through the VMD user manual (I am using VMD 1.4b1) and I have been
> > unable to find a way to either label or display in the text window (the
> > latter being preferable) the full "ID" of an atom. E.g. lets say
> > I have atom NZ in residue lysine in segment ID HEL1 and resid 21, the
> > complete ID woud be
> > HEL1:LYS21:NZ or something like that. I have built a protein with
> > multiple segments and the residues in each segment are labelled 1-n.
> > When I use pic atom I get something like PHE11:HB1, which does not tell
> > me which segment this is on.
>
> Try using shift + right mouse click on the atom, which should bring up
> a popup menu. Once the popup menu appears, click on the "Info"
> submenu. This should yield the information that you are interested in.
> It will also print this information to the text console.
>
> If you have any trouble with this, send us a note and we'll help out.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu
>
> --
>
> Theoretical Biophysics Group Email: johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu
> Beckman Institute http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/
> University of Illinois Phone: (217) 244-3349
> 405 N. Mathews Ave FAX: (217) 244-6078
> Urbana, IL 61801, USA Unix Is Good For You!!!

Deepak Singh                        Tel : (315)443 1739 (w)
Graduate Student                          (315)472 9659 (h)
Dept. of Chemistry                  Fax : (315)443 4070
Syracuse University               email : desingh_at_syr.edu
1-014 CST, Syracuse                 URL : http://web.syr.edu/~desingh
NY 13244
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." --- Salvor Hardin