From: Kirby Vandivort (kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 16:32:51 CST

Interactive Molecular Dynamics using VMD at Super Computing 99

If you are one of the people that will be at Super Computing 99 in
Portland, OR next week, we urge you to stop by the National
Coordination Office booth and take a look at VMD in action.

Our demonstration will consist of the following:

- A component of BioCoRE (our collaboratory program for structural
  biology) will be accessed via the web to start a molecular dynamics
  NAMD simulation running on the computers in Illinois.

- VMD will then connect to this component and "attach" to one of these
  running simulations.

- Next, the haptic device will be used to interactively "steer" the
  simulation. We plan to try and let attendees "steer the sodium ion!"

The National Coordination Booth is booth number R102 and is located
just south of the NCSA booth. We look forward to seeing you there!

Kirby Vandivort
Justin Gullingsrud
Theoretical Biophysics, UIUC

--
Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical Biophysics Group
Email: kvandivo_at_ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute