From: Jill Vickery (jvickery_at_uci.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 12:50:09 CST

Hi and Happy Holidays!

I am trying to set up VMD on an Octane2 V6 Vpro graphic card. I am having
trouble getting the stereo to work. I have used display settings of
1280x1024_96, 1280x1024_96s, and 1280x1024_100s. On all of the settings,
vmd gives split top bottom stereo when I select crystal eyes stereo.
Looking at the manual I realize that VMD needs quad-buffered stereo, does
this need to be set on the Octane (if so does any one know how to do this?).

Also, should the SGI version of VMD support the spaceball? The Octane2
supports the magellan spacemouse or the spaceball. Should VMD support these
on the Octane2? I currently have a spaceball connected to Port2 and VMD does
not seem to look for or recognize it.

Thanks,
Jill
University of California Irvine