From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 07:51:34 CST

Please note that if you use either method that will give you "h-bond"
energies (use charmm or an arbitrary function in VMD) that you're going
to be calculating an energy that wasn't actually included in your
simulation potential (if you were using CHARMM22/27) so its physical
meaning is murky at best. If you reach that point you may (depending on
exactly what you want the energies for) be better off just giving h-bond
geometries, or calculating the nonbond interaction elements that
actually were in your simulation.
Peter