From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 10:07:13 CDT

Jan:
My second reply to your message.

As I have a computational program that affords ESP
RESP and CRESP charges reliably for a molecule that
was cut into fragments and recomposed (with a check of
dipole moments), is it possible to insert manually
into paratool the charges so obtained (instead of
computing them again by the procedure that you
suggested)? Of course, I have a graphic control of
which is which about all atoms, hydrogens included
(and a control of the conformation). I am talking of
molecules of 50-300 atoms, so that the manual transfer
would not be too difficult.

My computational program does not allow using the
various FF, such as GAFF, which of my main interest.
With the partial charges manually transferred as above
said, I would like to try to go further on with
VMD/NAMD using GAFF.

Incidentally, I got a bit confused by the second page
of your "Paratool User's Guide", i.e., the way you
decomposed aspartate. What I see is acetate and
glycine as components.

Thanks

francesco pietra

> > the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email
> wherever you're surfing.

Be a PS3 game guru.