From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 15:25:22 CDT

Thomas, VMD-L,
  I've just posted VMD 1.8.1 beta 4 on FTP for people to test. It includes
the fix for your problem and several others. Its available here:
  ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/

I expect to post new Windows and MacOS X binaries soon as well. I'm
finalizing the bleeding edge MacOS X builds today, and with any luck
I'll have a new MacOS X installer working tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,