From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 15:37:44 CDT

Dear Knut,
  At present we don't have a file reader plugin for the file format
you're interested in, however someone could probably write one without
much difficulty. If you're interested in writing one, I can help get
you started. The easiest method for writing a new file reader plugin
is to take one of the existing ones as a template, replacing the
existing code with new code for the format you're reading. For your
purposes, the dcdplugin.c code is probably the best starting point.
If you don't feel comfortable writing C code, then I can add this
to our wish list and we might be able to get to this in a month or
two. If you're in a hurry, then it shouldn't be too hard to write
a plugin yourself, and with our assistance you could probably get it
working in a few days if you've done any C/C++ coding before. If anyone
else wants to volunteer, I'm happy to help get this moving. I'll extend
the same offer to anyone that would be interested in writing (or improving)
plugins for any other file format...

Thanks,