From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 18:59:46 CDT

Dear VMD-L,
  I've just posted VMD 1.8.1 beta 4 installers for Windows and
for MacOS X 10.2.x. Please note that the MacOS X build is bleeding edge
and you'll see a few weird messages in the VMD console when the Tk-based
GUI extensions are running, but please do report any bugs you find.

We still working on improving the MacOS X bundle but this beta should
be considered fairly representative of what the final VMD 1.8.1 will
look like. Comments are welcome.

The Windows installer is here:
   ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/vmd181b4.exe

The MacOS X disk image is here:
   ftp://ftp.ks.uiuc.edu/pub/mdscope/vmd/alpha/vmd181b4.dmg

Thanks,